Road to Elder Law Practice:
Rebecca Ryan left a 12+ year career in marketing and advertising to follow in her father’s footsteps and create a legacy of advocacy for families and their loved ones. Rebecca graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison with high honors and a Journalism Bachelor of Arts degree. She went on to earn her Masters in Business Administration from DePaul University in Chicago, graduating with high honors. She chose to attend The John Marshall Law School in Chicago because they were one of only two schools in the country with an ELDER LAW CERTIFICATE program. Rebecca earned her certificate in elder law along with her Juris Doctorate from The John Marshall Law School, graduating Cum Laude. She was admitted to the California Bar as a licensed member in June, 2013. She is also a licensed California Notary.
• CALI Award for Elder Law, Financial Planning at The John Marshall Law School
• President of the The John Marshall Law School Elder Law Society, 2011
• Fred Herzog and Dean’s Scholarship Recipient, 2009-2011
• AT&T Pro Bono In Excellence Scholarship Award, 2011
• Elder Law Manuscript, 2010 (selected by Professor to research and collaborate on nationwide “SOS: Serving Our Seniors” project with the Chicago Bar Association)
• Elder Law Teaching Assistant at The John Marshall Law School
• NAELA (National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys) student scholarship recipient ’10 and ‘11 at The John Marshall Law School
• Awarded the Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, 2013-2014
Legal Volunteer and Philanthropy:
Rebecca currently volunteers at Bet Tzedek in the organization’s Conservatorship Clinic and volunteers/advocates for Friends of the Israeli Defense Forces YL LA, Jewish Family Services, Best Buddies, The Alzheimer’s Association, Immerman Angels One on One Cancer Support, and numerous other Cancer Charities and Services.
American Bar Association, California Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (National and Southern California Divisions), California Advocacy for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR).
Family and Fun:
Rebecca Erde married her best friend Ari Ryan and became Rebecca Ryan in January, 2014. Ari had no idea how much planning he was in for marrying an elder law attorney. The good news, they will have all the planning in place to take care of each other, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health. Rebecca enjoys traveling and various sports including hiking, yoga, biking and DANCING!
English and Spanish